October 19th, 2018

Security

In the past, many homes and business owners felt that video surveillance was a mere formality. Many thought that their cameras would not actually work, but they installed them hoping that the threat of the cameras would be enough to stop intruders. And in some ways, they were right.

The University of North Carolina at Charlotte’s Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology reports that 60 percent of convicted burglars indicated that they would forgo breaking into a home with a security system. However, that still leaves an overwhelming 40 percent of burglars who are not put off by a security system. For that reason, home and business owners should look for more and should consider live interactive video surveillance.

What Is Live Interactive Video Surveillance?

Live interactive video surveillance allows home and business owners to monitor their cameras at any time, day or night. In the past, many security cameras were only used at night, and they may not have provided live access. Home and business owners would have to wait for the footage to record before they could go back and review the tapes. However, with live interactive video surveillance, owners can view any camera feed any time they’d like, day or night.

The Benefits Of Live Interactive Video Surveillance

Live interactive video surveillance could be beneficial for a few reasons. First and foremost, it allows monitoring during the day, when crime is prevalent. Consider the fact that, contrary to popular belief, most burglaries take place during the day. Viewing a surveillance feed throughout the day can allow owners to see when a situation is arising.

Furthermore, because owners can see situations when they are arising, they can work to prevent something from happening. This allows home and business owners to be proactive about stopping crime. The ability to avoid a situation could prevent a devastating loss of property.

One of the ways people would be able to stop intruders is by talking to them directly. Many of today’s security cameras come with speakers and audio systems that allow managers to make an announcement. Additionally, owners could also alert the appropriate authorities before an alarm sounds, which gives them a better chance of catching the intruder.

Security Experts Can Install A Quality System

If you’re a resident in need of live interactive video surveillance or any other type of security system, be sure to reach out to your local security experts.